This page will become a list of links and information I have found helpful along this road. It is likely to grow and change over time. A reminder: I am not a doctor and information posted here is not a medical recommendation of any kind.
If you’re just beginning your search, it will help tremendously to know what condition you have.
A problem with the symphysis joint is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction or Pelvic Girdle Pain.
An identifiable, abnormally large gap, generally defined as 1 cm or more, at the symphysis pubis is Diastasis Symphysis Pubis.
The more specific you can be, the better information you will find. I did not find the very general searches I did for “separated pelvis during labor” all that helpful.
I’ll add to this list of resources as I have the time and energy.
Diastasis Symphysis Pubis resources
- The Pelvic Partnership is a charity and advocacy organization in the UK.
- An overview of pelvic fractures from YouTube, by Dr. Nabil A. Ebraheim at the University of Toledo.
- An overview of SPD and DSP from the Radiographic Pathology Index at xray2000
- More info: UK version of Baby Center | From WellMother, based in Bristol, England | Information on SPD | More general information
- Case studies: Published in 2005 | Published in 2011
- A personal account from a British woman who advocates alternative therapies.